START YOUR IDC PREPARATIONS TODAY
1. Start today your IDC Preparations with the new Online IDC Crew Pack and the Instructor Manual. If you are a Divemaster in active status, you can download the newest PADI Instructor Manual from the PADI website. It’s important that you understand how the manual works and know how to efficiently find the right information.
2. Study the Diving Knowledge workbook and the Encyclopedia. In the new IDC Online crew-pack you can find the Diving knowledge workbook online.
3. Be familiar with the Student Manuals of the Open Water Diver Course, the Adventures in Diving Course, the Rescue Diver Course and the Divemaster Course. You can make the knowledge reviews from these books again to refresh your knowledge.
4. Watch the PADI Open Water- and Rescue Diver Video or your PADI E-learning. It is a helpful tool to refresh all the skills. Of course there is not one way to do the skills as long as we follow the PADI standards. During the IDC, Course Director Chris will show you a lot of examples and different ways how to do a skill.
5. Make the Self Study of the EFR Instructor Manual. The answers about the Medical Questions you can find in the student manual at the end.
6. Refresh your 24 training skills of the Open Water Diver course. The evaluation criteria are the same as in your Divemaster Course. Also refresh your Rescue diver skills. Just remember, the way you are doing these skills is like you learned it before, because there are different ways to do skills. Only now you have to do this on demonstration level.
7. Be familiar with skills from the Advanced Open Water Diver course: Knot tying, Lift bag, Underwater Navigation and your Buoyancy Control. The PADI app can show you the knots. You will also find them in the Advanced Open Water book, chapter Search and Recovery dive.
8. Refresh your demonstration skills with the mouth to mouth and mouth to pocket mask ventilation rescue exercises 7. Of course during the Covid period, we will implement extra measurements for safety during these skills.
9. Be Fit, during the IDC you will have a 400 meter swim test. Take opportunity to dive whenever it’possible. Remember, it is fun to dive, good for your health and it should be save as well.
10. And finally, keep in contact with Course Director Chris. She can help you with online preparation and answer questions.
The more you prepare, the easier the IDC will be. Just start your IDC Preparations now!
Online IDC-preparation Course
And if you think, I can also follow it on line, than you find here the link for the IDC Preparation Course for only 99 euro from Chris her collegae and Platinum Course Director Steve Prior. You will get 24 video’s, 30 quizzes, Mock exams and lots more. Steve have made a perfect online preparation site for all candidates who want to become a great PADI Instructor ✔