START YOUR IDC PREPARATIONS NOW!
1. Start your IDC Preparations with the new Online IDC Crew Pack and the Instructor Manual. When you are a Divemaster in active status you can download the newest PADI Instructor Manual from their website. It’s important that you know which sections it contains. You find all the standards for each course you can teach as a PADI Instructor.
2. Study the Diving Knowledge workbook and the Encyclopedia again, be familiar with it. In the new IDC Online crewpack, you can find the Diving knowledge workbook online.
3. Be familiar with the Student Manuals of the Open Water Diver-, the Adventures in Diving-, the Rescue Diver- and the Divemaster Course. Just make for yourself the knowledge reviews from these books again.
4. Watch the PADI Open Water- and Rescue Video. It is helpful to refresh yourself with all the skills. Of course there is not one way to do the skills. During the IDC Course Director Chris will show you a lot of video’s about this.
5. Refresh your 24 training skills of the Open Water Diver course. The evaluation criteria are the same as in your Divemaster Course. Refresh also your rescue skills. And remember, the way you are doing the skill is like you learned it before, only now you have to do it as a demonstration.
6. Be familiar with skills from the AOW Diver course, Knot tying, Lift bag, Underwater Navigation and your Buoyancy. The PADI app can show you the knots as well and you also find them in the Advanced Open Water book by the knowledge of the Search and Recovery dive.
7. Refresh your demonstration quality of the mouth to mouth and mouth to pocket mask ventilation rescue exercise 7. During the Covid time, we will use during the IDC a save way to do this skill.
8. Be Fit, for the swim test of 400 meter during the IDC and take opportunity to dive whenever it’possible. Remember, it is fun to dive and it should be save as well.
9. Make the Self study Knowledge of the EFR Instructor Manual. The answers about the Medical Questions you find in the student manual on the end.
10. Keep email contact with Course Director Chris, she helps you with online preparation when you have questions.
As more you do before, as easier the IDC will be, just start therefore your IDC Preparations now!