PADI Assistant Instructor Course
The PADI IDC or PADI Instructor Development Course consist of two parts: Assistant Instructor (AI) and Open water Scuba Instructor (OWSI)
If you follow this course, you find immidiately that the PADI Assistant Instructor Course brings you to a higher level. The next step after you Dive Master Course. You will cover theory topics, practice and refine your skill demonstration and learn how to conduct knowledge development presentations. After the course, you be a valuable assistant for the Instructor.
Do you have 5 days? The AI course will takes less than a week. You can make the combination together with the 4 days OWSI (Open Water Scuba Instructor) Course, what means you follow an IDC (Instructor Development Course). We offer this in 9 days which also include a free preparation day.
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI)
You realy want to teach? The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program therefore is your final step to become a PADI Instructor. You will have the chance to do things that others can only dream about.
So, during the IDC (AI and OWSI), you’ll learn to use and adapt the PADI System of diver education to individual student needs. Comprehensive training is supported by a wide variety of PADI educational materials. You earn respect. PADI Instructors are recognized to be well trained employees. Your career of a lifetime is just around the corner!
After successfully completing the IDC Program you will be qualified to join the PADI Instructor Exam.
What can PADI Assistant/Open water Scuba Instructors do?
• Firstly You will teach Academic presentations and evaluate Open Water Diver Surface Skills
• Secondly Teach PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy and Project Aware Specialty Courses
• Of course you can conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience like before
• As an EFR Instructor you can teach EFR Course after successful completion of this course
• ONLY FOR OWSI: DSD in Open Water, Open Water Diver Course, Adventures in Diving, Rescue Diver Course and of course
the PADI Dive master Course.
In conclusion, take the step to become an Open Water Scuba Instructor to teach all these courses.
Prerequisites for the PADI IDC
• Be at least 18 years old and a certified Divemaster or hold a leadership level certification with another
recreational diver training organization
• Have a medical Clearance, signed by a physician, not older than 12 months
• You have proof of certification in CPR/First Aid (EFR highly recommended), not older than 24 months
• Show proof of minimum 60 logged dives, inclusive night-, deep- and navigation dives and be certified
for at least 6 months
• PADI wants a passport photograph (give your CD 3 of them)
• Complete diving theory and Standards and Procedures exam which you get during the preparation day
• It is important to have a minimum of 100 dives before you enroll in the PADI Instructor Exam
We offer the full PADI IDC
Now you can follow separate the Assistent Instructor Course or OWSI Course outside of the IDC schedule. Just contact Chris when you have a group of 3 candidates, so you can make your own schedule.
You are a member of another training organization than please ask here about the prerequisites to enroll into the PADI IDC. As a a Scuba Instructor from another training organization, it is also possible to do a Cross Over to PADI. We would like to invite you to follow the full IDC because there is a special offer for this. If you would like to get more information about our crossover program, please ask here. The Cross Over course will be held in Holland or in Egypt.