Assistant Instructor (AI)
Take your next step. The PADI Assistant Instructor Course provides additional training for PADI Divemasters. The course builds on the skills you have already learned. Furthermore, the AI course focuses on developing teaching skills. Through e-learning (in the digital IDC Crew Pack), workshops and practical applications, Assistant Instructor candidates learns to give effective presentations and briefings. The AI course is also the first part of the PADI IDC.
The PADI Assistant Instructor Course consists of:
- Training in delivering PADI courses and experience programs.
- Independent study assignments.
- refining the 24 skills at demonstration level.
- Interesting workshops including job application and sales sessions.
- Written exam.
Assistant Instructors are qualified to:
- To assist the PADI Instructor even more broadly
- Teach the Peak Performance Buoyancy Course independently under the supervision of an Instructor.
- Take on multiple teaching tasks
- To follow some Specialty Instructor Courses and teach them afterwards
- PADI Divemaster or equivalent.
- EFR certificate, not older than 24 months.
- A certified diver for at least 6 months.
- Medical Statement signed by a dive physician, less than one year old, at the time of the exam .
- 60 logged dives at the start.
- At least 18 years old.
- EFR Instructor is not yet a requirement, but a must.
Paperwork required to start the Assistant Instructor Course
During the PADI AI Course you will use all the PADI materials you already have. You will also need your own equipment as described in the Instructor Manual and various other supplies. You need to purchase the IDC Crew Pack. and you already have it And if you want to progress to a PADI Dive Instructor you already have it. See also the materials page.
Preparations for the AI Course
Start your preparations as soon as you sign up. You can prepare practically and theoretically. For more information check the IDC preparations page. Everything mentioned here, also apply for the AI course.
The Assistant Instructor Course is scheduled together with Course Director Chris. You may not be ready to become a full PADI Dive Instructor (for example, you don’t have enough dives yet). However, your AI course can take place during an IDC, as the first part of the IDC is simply the AI course. You can follow the Assistant Instructor Course in the Netherlands or Egypt. For exact dates see also the first 4 days of the planned IDC’s. These always go on.
See here course prices.